|What is PowerPivot?|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Wednesday, 28 October 2009 14:41|
I think a lot of people arriving at this site for the first time already know quite a bit about what PowerPivot is, but a few people have expressed curiosity: it would be easier to understand why the site is called PowerPivotPro if we knew what PowerPivot was in the first place.
There are a lot of good places to read about PowerPivot, so I won’t go super deep here. Instead I’ll give you a summary in my own words, and then point you elsewhere for the details and the snazzy demos.
- Pareto Analysis the Easy Way
- Adding a Minimum Threshold Slicer to "Stores That went negative" Technique
- Showing Only Months/Weeks/Etc. When at Least N Stores Showed a Certain Behavior
- Named Sets and "Asymmetric" Pivots: Showing Different Measures for Different Years
- Toggling Conditional Formatting On/Off via Slicer
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?