|A Peek Inside: Updating data in your embedded PowerPivot workbook|
|Written by Dave Wickert|
|Friday, 14 May 2010 01:32|
Recently I have been seeing some threads about how data is updated in a PowerPivot workbook. As it turns out, this can be a pretty complicated technical situation, so lets start off with a general statement: There are only 2 ways to update the embedded data contained in a PowerPivot workbook:
That is it.
But as you guess, there is more to the story.
- Video - Deploying and Managing a PowerPivot for SharePoint Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Video - Deploying and Managing Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint
- General problems with Gallery snapshots not being taken - no items listed in the ULS log
- Importing XML data
- Data feeds: Cannot get schema? But it is there ...
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?