|How to solve issue when PowerPivot for Excel crashes on all workbooks|
|Written by PowerPivot-Info.com|
|Tuesday, 04 October 2011 22:33|
Today I noticed that at all PowerPivot workbooks on my machine started to crash on opening.
When I opened workbook with PowerPivot few seconds later I saw that SQLDumper.exe started with message:
unable to open file \\?\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\10\FlightRecorderCurrent.trc, error2
Then I saw another error message popup:
Microsoft PowerPivot Engine has stopped working
And then final error:
I had few things happen to my PC since I was able to work with my PowerPivot workbooks without problems:
I was able to fix this problem by simply un-installing PowerPivot and then installing it again.
It appears that applying SQL Server service packs and/or Office services packs replaced some PowerPivot files. Here is the screenshot of the folder c:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\10
And here is the screenshot of the same folder after I reinstalled PowerPivot:
As you can see, files Microsoft.Data.DataFeedClient.dll and xmsrv.dll have different timestamp and I suspect that was causing PowerPivot corruption issue.
- PowerPivot / PowerView Excel Workbook Optimizer
- DAX Studio - Free Excel Add-in
- How to solve issue when PowerPivot for Excel crashes on all workbooks
- Using PowerPivot to analyze web access log in "Combined Log" format (CLF)
- Q: I have integer amount that represents duration in seconds. How can show this amount in format "h:mm:ss"?
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?