|4 GB Limit for Powerpivot text file imports via ACE text data source driver|
|Written by Gert Christen|
|Wednesday, 09 May 2012 22:45|
We have been investigating reports that large text files are not completely imported into Powerpivot. And indeed a thorough investigation showed two unexpected things happening.
1.The text import is cut off at 4 GB 2.Import is shown as successful.
This applies to the SQL Server 2008 R2 and the SQL Server 2012 Powerpivot add-in for excel in both, 32 and 64 bit version.Read more...
- 1 hour timeout for data refreshes in Powerpivot for Sharepoint
- 1 hour timeout for data imports in Powerpivot for Excel
- 4 GB Limit for Powerpivot text file imports via ACE text data source driver
- non-admin users not able to use Powerpivot for Excel 2012 on Windows XP
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?