|Consolidation and Intercompany Elimination with parallel hierarchies|
|Written by Gerhard Brueckl|
|Thursday, 31 May 2012 17:55|
In my last post I described and approach on how to calculate consolidated values (adjusted by intercompany eliminations) using PowerPivot and DAX. In this post I will extend this technique so it can also be used with parallel hierarchies as this is also very common in financial applications.
Switching from a single hierarchy to multiple parallel hierarchies has several drawbacks for tabular models:Read more...
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?