|Distinct Count Measure in PowerPivot using DAX|
|Written by Marco Russo|
|Saturday, 26 December 2009 15:41|
A PivotTable based on PowerPivot data doesn’t offer a native Distinct Count aggregation. To calculate it, you need to create a calculated measure in the PivotTable. For example, if we have a simple Sales table from AdventureWorks loaded in PowerPivot and projected into a PivotTable like the following picture.
To create a new measure, we need to right-click on the field pane the menu “Add New Measure…”
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?