|Management Features of PowerPivot for SharePoint|
|Written by John Hancock|
|Tuesday, 02 February 2010 00:00|
Previous articles have covered some of the features of PowerPivot for Excel, and shown how PowerPivot helps users build really powerful BI applications right in Excel. We have described some of the PowerPivot for SharePoint features on this blog as well as the PowerPivot blog, so for this article I will be focusing on the features that we provide to help IT to manage and understand the self-service BI activity.
Self-Service Business Intelligence and IT
The goal of PowerPivot for SharePoint is to allow people to share their PowerPivot workbooks in a secure, scalable and managed environment. The management experience for PowerPivot for SharePoint is integrated into SharePoint Central Administration, so it can be managed from the same place as other services like Excel Services. The starting point is the PowerPivot Management Dashboard shown below, which gives an overview of the current state and lets you drill into more details.Read more...
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?