|Banding with PowerPivot|
|Written by Alberto Ferrari|
|Wednesday, 13 October 2010 00:00|
Banding is one of the most common requirements when you have the need to analyze continuous values, like the retail price of a product which may change over time, due to discounts and price variations. I have already spoken about banding with regards to SSAS here, now I would like to spend some words on banding with PowerPivot. This topic is covered in much more details in the upcoming book I have written with Marco Russo: “Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010: Give Your Data Meaning”.
To show the examples, I am using the fact reseller sales table in AdventureWorks and this banding table:
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?