|How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues|
|Written by Vidas Matelis|
|Saturday, 21 November 2009 21:48|
Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for Excel
Known PowerPivot for Excel installation issues
If you have any other issues after installing PowerPivot for Excel, set global environment variable VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS to 0 and restart Excel. You should see more detailed message that will give you better idea what your problem is, or you might have to submitt that message to Microsoft support.
Download and install PowerPivot for Excel documentation (November CTP information!!!, not updated for RTM yet)
Important note: if in PowerPivot help does not show content, select file AS_BIAddin.chm that you downloaded in the explorer, right mouse click and choose properties. At the very bottom of the properties window you will see security notice "This file come from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" and button "Unblock" on the right side. Click on the "Unblock" buttton and then try to open your PowerPivot help file again.
Another know issue with .chm files is - if they are installed in the directory where in the path name there is special character used (for example character #), then when you open this file you will see error message "The page cannot be displayed". In this case you have to move this file to the folder without special character in the path.
- Portfolio Slicer - free BI application to track your investments in Excel with PowerPivot
- How to solve issue when PowerPivot for Excel crashes on all workbooks
- Using PowerPivot to analyze web access log in "Combined Log" format (CLF)
- Q: I have integer amount that represents duration in seconds. How can show this amount in format "h:mm:ss"?
- DAX cheat sheet
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- Q: How can I calculate difference between two dates in DAX (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months)
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- Using Power Pivot and Power View for Profit Analysis
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction