|Q: How can I check what version of PowerPivot for Excel is installed on my machine?|
|Written by PowerPivot-Info.com|
|Wednesday, 25 November 2009 22:48|
Q: How can I check what version of PowerPivot for Excel is installed on my machine?
A: There are few ways to check version of PowerPivot for Excel that is installed on your machine.
You can check PowerPivot for Excel version on your machine without starting Excel. To do so go to explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS Excel Client\10. Then select file Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll and do right mouse click on it, then choose "Properties" item and then go to the tab "Details". There you will see property "File version". Value of this property shows version of your PowerPivot for Excel installation. For PowerPivot RTM file version is 10.50.1600.1.
Also, if you have any problems with PowerPivot, make sure that version of Excel you are running is compatible with PowerPivot version. There are 2 ways to check Excel 2010 version:
- PowerPivot / PowerView Excel Workbook Optimizer
- DAX Studio - Free Excel Add-in
- How to solve issue when PowerPivot for Excel crashes on all workbooks
- Using PowerPivot to analyze web access log in "Combined Log" format (CLF)
- Q: I have integer amount that represents duration in seconds. How can show this amount in format "h:mm:ss"?
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?