|Distinct Count in PowerPivot v2 - MUCH Faster|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Thursday, 28 July 2011 19:14|
A quick update, as tonight I managed to sit down and experiment a bit with the V2 Beta for the first time in many days.
(OK, actually, I am standing up. because I have a fantastic new treadmill desk and have walked nearly 8 miles today while working, but that's a topic for another post).
I was working with one of our HostedPowerPivot clients today who was observing slower-than-expected slicer click performance in one of their reports. And after some sleuthing, I found that they had a "distinct count" measure in their model, something like this:Read more...
- Pareto Analysis the Easy Way
- Adding a Minimum Threshold Slicer to "Stores That went negative" Technique
- Showing Only Months/Weeks/Etc. When at Least N Stores Showed a Certain Behavior
- Named Sets and "Asymmetric" Pivots: Showing Different Measures for Different Years
- Toggling Conditional Formatting On/Off via Slicer
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?