|Correlating "Fuzzy Time" Events in One Table with Precise Measurements in Another Table|
|Written by Rob Collie|
|Tuesday, 28 February 2012 22:14|
Calculated columns. I am continually realizing how much there is to know about them - stuff I haven't really been forced to learn since I rely so heavily on Pivotstream's database team. My recent work with scientific and medical data sets, starting with the really simple fake data set and then moving into the rat sniffing data, has really driven this home.
So let's do a quick treatment of fetching data from one table into another, using calculated columns, and in different situations.Read more...
- Pareto Analysis the Easy Way
- Adding a Minimum Threshold Slicer to "Stores That went negative" Technique
- Showing Only Months/Weeks/Etc. When at Least N Stores Showed a Certain Behavior
- Named Sets and "Asymmetric" Pivots: Showing Different Measures for Different Years
- Toggling Conditional Formatting On/Off via Slicer
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?