|Active day count in DAX|
|Written by Javier Guillen|
|Tuesday, 24 April 2012 22:22|
Alberto Ferrari posted a very nice blog entry some time ago regarding how to count active days in PowerPivot (http://sqlblog.com/blogs/alberto_ferrari/archive/2011/05/12/powerpivot-counting-active-days.aspx ). His example relies on a data model that specifies 'Active From' and 'Active To' fields in order to compute the count.
I want to write a follow up entry for when such fields do not exist in the data model. If all you have is a start date reflected as a transaction recorded in your fact table, counting active days is still possible in DAX. Lets see how.Read more...
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?