|PowerPivot's Filter Context from a SQL perspective|
|Written by Vincent Baldwin|
|Wednesday, 15 August 2012 18:17|
I figure I best write down my thoughts before my new found wisdom escapes me. Every time I think I've finally understood "Filter Context", it turns out that I really don't get it.
To be honest, I've read many definitions of "Filter Context" and descriptions about "Filter Context". None of them have helped me to master the concept. I don't come from the world of the multi-dimensional language MDX. Until recently, I didn't see the usefulness of PivotTables when a solid SQL query can provide the same information.Read more...
- Step by step guide on installing PowerPivot for SharePoint on a single machine
- List of suggested datasets to test PowerPivot
- How to install PowerPivot for Excel and list of know issues
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions with description
- Microsoft Virtual Lab: PowerPivot for Excel 2010 Introduction
- Learning PowerPivot and DAX
- List of PowerPivot DAX functions (short)
- PowerPivot's impact on BI pros?